Daleville, Ind. Metallurgical Laboratory
Sherry Laboratories is a company which provides a wide range of testing services for companies in a variety of industries. We value our employees and clients and exemplify this through an ever-diligent pursuit of professionalism, respect, accountability, integrity, stewardship and excellence. We seek to employ people who share these values. Our goal as a company is to create an environment where these values can be fully developed in each employee as they pursue a successful and satisfying employment relationship.
We currently have a need for a Technical Specialist to work in our Daleville, Indiana metallurgical testing laboratory. Daleville is located off of I-69 approximately 35 miles northeast of Indianapolis.
The person selected for this position must have direct experience in metallurgical or materials analysis. Candidates must be able to read and understand blueprints and drawings, as well as customer requirements and specifications. Excellent communication skills are a must as the person hired for this position will be required to interact daily with internal and external customers. Communication skills are necessary for answering questions about test data and describing test methods and results.
The individual hired will coordinate and conduct the technical review of all metallography, mechanical, and metals chemistry orders logged into the lab information management system (LIMS). In addition, the individual hired for this position will:
- Flow down test instructions for preparation and testing of samples to individuals in the lab.
- Act as a resource in resolving customer issues.
- Establish and maintain proper business relationships with customers and colleagues.
- Assist with technical support in assembling mechanical, chemical, and metallurgical testing quotations.
- Respond to technical questions posed by Sherry account managers and customer service representatives.
- Skills must include proficiency in computer usage and Microsoft Excel software, attention to detail and a desire to find more efficient ways of operating.
Sherry Laboratories – Testing Today, Protecting Tomorrow.
Sherry is an equal opportunity employer.