When engineers, quality managers, and investigators encounter problems for which they need solutions that cannot be attained utilizing routine methodology or specification, they contact the problem solvers in the Sherry Engineering Group.
The Sherry Engineering Group is comprised of engineers, chemists, nonmetallic analytical engineers, metallurgists, and test system design specialists. This multi-discipline approach by one unit is in essence a knowledge merger, providing a synergy of expertise for solving unique problems. Big-picture evaluation and oversight capabilities allow the Sherry Engineering Group to provide customers with the most accurate solutions to their complex product development, design, and durability questions.
In many instances, the specifications or specific test methods by which we have conducted our evaluations have been predetermined. Frequently, however, engineers, quality managers, and investigators encounter problems for which they need solutions that cannot be attained utilizing routine methodology or specification. These dilemmas tend to be onetime or infrequent obstacles impacting a product’s performance, and they often fall into one of the following categories -- failure analysis, root cause determination and analysis, problem solving, or special testing or engineering projects (such as project design, fixture design and reverse engineering). Few companies are staffed or equipped to solve these unique situations.
Those are the venues in which the Sherry Engineering Group excels. The Sherry Engineering Group utilizes specially engineered tests, engineering intellect, metallurgical and nonmetallic analytical abilities, and knowledge gained from their nearly 300 cumulative years of formulating cohesive analyses to derive the most expedient and cost-efficient solutions to our clients’ problems.
The Sherry Engineering Group excels at answering tough questions. If you or your company are ever faced with any of the questions below, contact us. We’ve got your answers!
- To what spec was this manufactured?
- How was this heat treated?
- How was this made? Is there a plating or coating?
- How did the part or assembly fail?
- Why did the part or assembly fail?
- How can we test this part?
- What is this substance?
- Did this item fail because of a manufacturing problem, material defect, or a service issue?
- What is the performance limit of my part?
- This material just isn’t behaving as expected. What is causing that?
Testing Services Offered
- Failure Analysis
- Reverse Engineering
- Root Cause Determination
- Fixturing Design and Manufacturing
- Nonmetallic Evaluations
- Field Services
- New Product Validation
- Test Procedure Development
- SEM (Scanning Electron Microscopy) - EDS
- GC/MS (Gas Chomatography / Mass Spectrometry)
- Particle Identification
- Elemental Mapping and Scanning
The Sherry Engineering Group's Failure Analysis expertise, built on a foundation of more than 275 years of combined experience, is utilized by clients for a variety of reasons, including:
- Determination of Origin of Failure
- Failure Mode and Type of Corrosive Attack
- Root Cause Determination
- Contributing Factors
- Material Anomalies / Features
- Mechanical Damage
- Geometric Influence
- Remaining Life Assessment
Engineering Projects beyond the scope of standard testing is another area in which the Sherry Engineering Group excels. These can include:
- Project Design, including Fixture Design and Manufacturing
- Test Procedure Development
- Product Durability, Reliability, Life Cycle Testing
- Assessment of Strength and Durability
- Hydrostatic Pressure Testing
In refineries, chemical processing facilities, fertilizer and power plants, our customers rely on the dedicated expertise of Sherry's Metallurgical Field Services Division. Service provided by our professional staff guarantees immediate attention to your problems in order to minimize the loss of valuable production time.
Based on the breadth of services Sherry Laboratories' Metallurgical Field Services offers from plant to lab and the timely manner in which we conduct our investigations, we are confident Sherry will serve your needs well.
On-Site Inspection Services
Sherry Laboratories Field Services Group offers a wide range of on-site services to help fit any of our customer's testing needs:
- On-Site Inspection and Failure Analysis
- Conductivity Analysis
- Corrosion Analysis
- Fabrication Inspection
- Fire Damage Assessment
- Material Degradation
- Reduction in Property
- Hardness and Ferrite Content
- In-situ Replication
- Thickness Measurements
- Ultrasonic Thickness Determination
- Visual Inspection Techniques
- Manufacturers in virtually all industries, including Aerospace, Automotive, Food Processing, Medical Device, Petrochemical Plants, Power Plants and Refineries
- Research & Development Centers
- Paper Mills
- Utility Companies
- MRO and PMA Companies
- Performance Testing Labs
- State Agencies
- Trade Associations
- University Engineering and Research Departments
- Engineering Consultants
- Insurance Companies
- Law Firms seeking Expert Witnesses
How to Submit a Sample
So we can provide you with the best service, please download and complete our Sample Submittal Form. Simply fill out the form and save it to your desktop. Then E-mail it as an attachment to the address at the top of the form. Reuse the form when sending future samples and change only those areas needed.
If you have any questions while filling out the form, please contact the Sherry Laboratories Customer Service Department at the location to which you are sending the sample. You can also E-mail us at the address listed on the top of each form.
9301 Innovation Drive, Suite 175
Daleville, IN 47334-0569
Toll Free: 800.874.3563
3100 North Hemlock Circle
Broken Arrow, OK 74012
Toll Free: 800.982.8378
Certifications and Accreditations
News and Case Studies
- Sherry Engineering Group Adds Capabilities with Installation of SEM (7/2/12)
- Failure Analysis Field Prep Procedure (6/18/12)
- Failure Analysis: Oil Field Case Study (6/13/12)
- Materials Laboratories Advance with Major Strategic Investments (5/14/12)
- Fastener Failure Analysis: Fracture Failure of Countersunk Flat Head Screws Case (4/19/12)
- Vance Selected to lead Oklahoma Sherry Engineering Group (1/23/12)
- Fastener Failure Analysis: Automotive Hex Head Cap Screw Case (2/28/12)
- Failure Analysis: Metal Fatigue Failure (12/15/11)
- Fastener Failure Analysis: Sherry Engineering Group Featured in Fastener Technology International (10/6/11)