- Low Cycle Fatigue (LCF) Test, ASTM E606 - Strain Controlled Axial Fatigue Test
- ASTM E606 determines the fatigue properties and crack initiation for nominally homogeneous materials by the use of uniaxially loaded test specimens under constant strain amplitudes. Typically 15 to 20 specimens are tested using a fully reversed strain amplitude. Test specimens have a uniformed gage section. Strain amplitudes typically range from .015 strain to .002 strain. In addition to developing the Strain versus Life plot, the cyclic and monotonic Stress versus Strain plots are obtained. Customer may dictate the R ratio and the strain levels.
- High Cycle Fatigue (HCF) Test, ASTM E466 - Constant Stress Amplitude Axial Fatigue Test
- ASTM E466 determines stress versus fatigue life data by the use of uniaxially loaded test specimens under constant stress amplitudes. Typically 15 to 20 specimens are tested using a fully reversed stress amplitude. Customer may dictate the R ratio, stress levels and the test frequency.
- Material Characterization for Developing the Fatigue Properties
- Fatigue Strength Coefficient, sf' (ksi)
- Fatigue Strength Exponent, b
- Fatigue Ductility Coefficient, ef'
- Fatigue Ductility Exponent, c
- Cyclic Strength Coefficient, K'
- Cyclic Strain Hardening Exponent, n'
You may also be interested in:
Learn more or request a quote:
- Complete our Request Information or Quote Request form.
- Call and talk with one of our account managers at 800.874.3563.
- Email email@example.com.
Recent Metallurgical Lab News
- Indiana Metallurgical Lab Earns GE S-400 Approval for Creep Testing (12/19/12)
- Materials Lab Launches A2LA-Accredited Fatigue Testing (9/6/12)
- Oklahoma Materials Laboratory Earns Nadcap Merit Status (8/6/12)
- Materials Laboratories Advance with Major Strategic Investments (5/14/12)
- Spotlight: Fastener Industry (5/8/12)
- Nelson Promoted to Manager of Metals Chemistry (3/28/12)
- Indiana Metallurgical Laboratory Earns Gulfstream Aerospace Approval (3/14/12)
- Boeing Approved Laboratories (2/22/12)
- Darnell to Lead Materials Shared Customer Service (1/24/12)
- Information Flow Down (1/5/12)
- Broken Arrow Metallurgical Laboratory Earns Lockheed Martin Approval (10/19/11)