In addition to standard mechanical, chemical and physical tests, our nonmetallic testing lab conducts analysis for identification of plastics, polymers, rubbers, fillers, additives, and contaminants.
Not only do we provide analyses that help our customers determine conformance to specifications, but we play important roles in the evaluation of contamination issues and reverse engineering of competitor products. We understand the value of the information we provide to our customers and know important decisions are often based on our findings.
Key services offered for nonmetallic materials include:
- Material Identification or Confirmation
- Reverse Engineering
- Cleanliness Testing
- Failure Analysis of Plastic Parts
- Special Projects and Test Protocols
- Custom Method Development
- Polymer and Advanced Materials Testing Services
- Rush Services Available
The dedicated staff at Sherry Laboratories takes pride in the fact that we provide quality data with quick turnaround at a competitive cost. We provide testing to ASTM, ISO, MIL, FAR, SAE, AMS and many industrial methods and procedures.
Although many of our clients have routine production testing, the nonmetallic lab also serves manufacturers in a variety of industries in their problem-solving and investigative endeavours. Browse real case studies encountered by our nonmetallic lab.
View our Nonmetallic Testing Capabilities information sheet to see an abbreviated list of tests.
- Machining of mechanical and physical test specimens from sheet, bar or your production parts
- Stamping of mechanical and physical test specimens from rubber sheet
Specimens We Can Test, include, but are not limited to:
- Drum Peels
- Flatwise Tensiles
- Lap Shears
- Roller Peels
- Short Beam Shears
Certifications and Accreditations
"The reports that I receive back from Sherry Labs have the level of detail that I need to move forward on an action plan for Vesta."
Vesta Silicone Division
Do you have an experience to share? Please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Aerospace Composites
- Failure Analysis/Investigations
- MRO and PMA Companies
- Floor Coverings
- General Manufacturing
- Oil and Gas
- Tube, Pipe and Fittings
- Upholstery Materials
How to Submit a Sample
If you are in need of testing or engineering services for nonmetallic testing and have a sample ready for shipment, please complete the Sample Submittal Form to include with your sample. Our Customer Service team is available to personally assist you with any inquiries regarding your testing needs.
If you have any questions while filling out the form, please contact the Sherry Laboratories Customer Service Department.
3100 North Hemlock Circle
Broken Arrow, OK 74012
Toll Free: 800.982.8378
- Nonmetallic Case: Discolored Area in Plastic Pump Housing (11/8/12)
- Do you have challenges with reliability, warranty returns, R&D, quality issues or failures? (11/1/12)
- Nonmetallic Case: Adhesive Bonding Failure on Metal Part (10/9/12)
- Sherry Engineering Group Adds Capabilities with Installation of SEM (7/2/12)
- Materials Laboratories Advance with Major Strategic Investments (5/14/12)
- Studying Nonmetallic Product Performance: Accelerated Weathering and Exposure Testing (3/16/12)